Monday, June 2, 2008

Wow. That month went by fast! I swear it seems like I just did an update last week! A lot has happened since the last post. I guess the first big thing was my nephew C was born on Mother's Day. He was 1 day before his due date, and came into the world at 20 inches and 7 lb 8 oz. He is a little cutie and, between him and his big sis have been keeping my sister on her toes!
On May 15, Z "graduated" from pre-school. Mommy of course cried her eyes out. It seems like it was just his first day there! I can't believe he is going to kindergarten at the "big school" next fall. He is growing up so fast!!
Z's first t-ball game was May 17. He really enjoys hitting...we are still working on the fielding part. He seems to enjoy picking flowers or playing in the dirt more than paying attention to the batter. I am hoping that'll change as he gets older and understands the game.




That same day, Z's cousins from NC came into town with his Gigi and great-grandmother. We also had Z's 5th birthday party for kids. The clown was great and everyone seemed to have a good time...especially the adults...the party didn't wind down until about 11 pm!!

The following Monday we went to Kalahari with Z, Daddy, Gigi, G & W (Z's cousins), great grandma and me. It was a good time. Z was a little scared to go down the big slides but his cousins had a blast. On day 2 there, he did finally go down one of the slides, but said it was too fast. I am just glad he tried it. His favorite part was the basketball pool. My least favorite part was trying to find a cool maternity swimsuit. Apparently they don't make those! A day after getting back from the waterpark, Z's cousin G got sick....then her brother W got sick the next day. So most of their vacation was spent on the couch, on Motrin. They both seemed to be doing better when they left on Saturday.
Z's cousins went home during Memorial Day weekend, but Gigi and great grandma stayed that next week. It was nice to spend time with them while they were here.

Today was our 19 week ultrasound at the hospital. According to the ultrasound tech, our little boy is "so cute". She repeated this a few times, and I think she knows what she is talking about since she does this for a living! It was so nice to see the little guy swimming around. According to the ultrasound, everything is going really well. And he is up to 12 oz!!!!! I am almost officially 1/2 way through this (probably my last) pregnancy. I am enjoying starting to feel my little soccer player kicking up a storm. I am getting very excited and anxious to meet him in October! It'll be here before we know it! (He must know I am typing about him...he just kicked me again!) I will try my best to be better about posting!!!



My big ol' belly at 19 weeks......

No comments: